in , ,

Nigerian Army gives reason why over 8,000 Boko Haram fighters surrendered

The Nigerian Army has given reason why over 8,000 Boko Haram fighters surrendered.

READ ALSO:  Nollywood Actor, Kunle Afod runs into trouble with a job seeker in ROOM 9 (A MUST WATCH VIDEO)

The statement said terrorists surrendered because of the troops’ overwhelming fire power.

Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC), 7 Division, Brig.-Gen. Abdulwahab Eyitayo, said so far more than 8,000 Boko Haram terrorists have so far surrendered to troops

He said the terrorists surrendered from their enclaves in Sambisa Forests, as well as other hideouts.

READ ALSO:  https://www.sojworldnews.com/did-efcc-chairman-bawa-actually-collapsed-watch-the-true-live-video/

Eyitayo, who is also the Commander, Sector 1, Operation Hadin Kai, disclosed this during a visit by the Director, Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu and a team of Defence Correspondents form Abuja on Tuesday, in Maiduguri.

He said the surrender by the repentant terrorists was a welcome development, adding that, the overwhelming fire power of the troops was respom

According to him, one of the reasons they are surrendering in droves is the overwhelming fire power from the troops.

READ ALSO;  https://www.sojworldnews.com/ibadan-hotspot-for-ritualists-amotekun-arrests-alfa-two-others-with-fresh-human-head-see-full-video/

“It is because every man’s endeavour is motivated by his family’s wellbeing, that is why they are coming out with their families. We started seeing the signs from June.

“Our intensified operations had blocked their logistics’ routes and supplies, bombardments all over, that is why they started surrendering and diseases have overpowered many of them.

“It was better because in the end, the troops will clear all of them and their sympathisers combined,” he said.

READ ALSO:  https://www.sojworldnews.com/sos-good-samaritan-urgently-needed-to-help-save-uniabuja-graduate-see-photos/

The GOC warned that a time would come that the window of surrender would no longer be available, urging the sympathisers of the terrorists to encourage them to come out.

He added that whoever supported the enemies of the state would also be treated as an enemy by the state forces.

He said the military was more determined than ever to deal decisively with the terrorists and their supporters.

READ ALSO:  TRIBUTE: My life in danger, political forces after my life – (WHAT MAiLAFIA SAID ON SEPT 11, 2020)

On the handling of the surrendered terrorists, Eyitayo disclosed that the Nigerian army was responsible for receiving, profiling or screening of the terrorists.

The GOC stated that afterwards, they would be handed over to the Borno government for further action.

He explained that a sizeable number of the surrendered, comprised wives and children of the terrorists, as well as those that were forcefully recruited into their folds.

Earlier, the director, army public relations, said the media tour was part of efforts to counter the wrong narratives and apprehensions generated by recent surrenders of the terrorists.

READ ALSO:  Ekiti community locks down roads for burial of late monarch

Join SOJ WORLDWIDE ONLINE NEWS anywhere you are across the globe on WHATSAPP BROADCAST LIST for our latest news updates with this number, 09069473894 .

Engage us to create awareness and publicity to promote your products and services including your political aspirations, no matter your political affiliations at minimal charges.

We have our presence in Opera News, Nairaland, Phoenix Browser and we are Google approved.

We are professionals, we are credible, we are objective.

 

 

 

SOJ WORLDWIDE…ONLINE NEWS with a difference. (www.sojworldnews.com)

Written by Adesoji OMOSEBI

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Ekiti community locks down roads for burial of late monarch

Police reveals identity of woman killed in Bauchi, four suspects arrested