The Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, has condemned the alleged attack on one of his supporters in Nasarawa State. He said that it is unacceptable for people exercising their constitutional rights to be physically attacked.
Earlier in the day, report had surfaced on social media about how a supporter of the Labour Party was allegedly attacked during a sensitization program of the party in Nasarawa on Saturday October 8, 2022.
The name of the victim was given as Joshua Alamu. The Twitter user who shared the news also called on the security operatives to look into the matter and make sure that the people who perpetrated the act were brought to book.
In his reaction to the alleged attack, Peter Obi took to his verified Twitter handle to say;
“Once again, I wish to stress that Nigerian civic and political space must remain open for the Nigerian people to exercise their constitutional rights of freedom of assembly. Physical attacks on individuals exercising such rights is utterly unacceptable.”
Many have also taken to the comments section to condemn the alleged attack, and said that everyone needs to have a level playground as the country prepares for the 2023 general elections.
We are here to keep you abreast with news updates now that the political space in Nigeria is open and gaining momentum daily towards the 2023 general elections.
This is the opportunity you have been waiting for, let your products and services go viral in all our Social Media contacts including, Opera News, Nairaland, Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram across the globe
Call us or send your message to our WhatsApp on 09069473894 for your advert placement, Press Release, Conference, Interviews, Publicity and awareness to reach your target audience.