So by now it is assumed that everyone already knows about the latest Pay TV platform in town,Â Telcom Satellites TV(TSTV).
If you donâ€™t, then its high time, you did.
Having done that, we also need to know aboutÂ ABS.Â ABS,Â short forÂ Asia Broadcast Satellite, is a communication satellites operator, based in Bermuda, and owned byÂ Permira, which is a European private equity firm with services that includeÂ satellite-to-homeÂ andÂ satellite-to-cableÂ TV distribution,Â cellular services, and internet services.
It has in the pastÂ established telecommunications network in Africa, Russia, Asia and the Middle East, having a service network that currently covers 80% of the population in the Americas, Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Russia, andÂ Commonwealth of Independent States.
ABS and Telcom Satellites TV (TSTV) recently signed a multi-transponder agreement to deliver a Direct-to-Home (DTH)Â Direct-to-Home (DTH)Â broadcast service into Nigeria on ABSâ€™ -3A satellite, Africa beam which is located at the prime video neighbourhood of 3Â°W.
Its journey began in the year 2006,Â with the successful acquisition of the Lockheed Martin Intersputnik-1 (LMI-1) satellite by ABS which was promptly renamed ABS-1 satellite.
Then in the year 2010, Permira, along with the ABS management team acquired ABS from Citi Venture Capital International and Asia Debt Management.
Here in Nigeria, ABS is in business under the name TSTV, but operates under the company name TELCOM SATELLITES LIMITED, as TELCOM SATELLITES is registered under the Companies and Allied Matters Act, Laws of Nigeria.
TSTV sure knows the terrain and is definitely here to stay, going by the statement of its C.E.O, Bright Echefu
â€œWeâ€™ve successfully ran African Health Television for more than 5 years without hitches. We have no doubts whatsoever that TSTV would offer an excellent and affordable digital satellite television services to Nigerians.â€
But wait, did i hear Bright Echefu?, who is this guy, to think he is Nigerian? Does he have what it takes to stay in the industry, in the face of strongÂ competitors like DSTV, StarTimes?
- First, Bright Echefu is a Nigerian, from Obowo in Imo state.
- He is the MD/CEO of Bricke and Athens limited owners of AHTV-Heath Television, who have brought Telcom Satellites TV (TSTV).
- He had been in that position from November 2014 till date. This means he already had 2 years 11 months of work experience.
- He also attended the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka, before leaving to pursue further studies abroad.
- He is the chairman of Briechberg Investment Limited, owners of Bright FM.
- He is also on the board of Bright joy Multi Ventures Limited.
- He got skills that includeÂ Strategic Planning Research, Non-profits Public Speaking, Program Management, Fund raising Program Development.
and the best of all,
- He is newly married.
www.sojworld.com Â© October 4, 2017.