ADEOTI PROTEST: One of the most popular governorship aspirants of APC in Osun State, Alhaji Moshood ADEOTI has withdrawn from todayâ€™s APC primary in protest.
FULL TEXT OF LETTER OF PROTEST
Governorship Primaries Committee,
All Progressives Congress (APC),
WITHDRAWAL FROM FRIDAY, 20TH JULY, 2018 GOVERNORSHIP PRIMARIES
I write most humbly to inform you that I have decided to withdraw from the July 20, 2018, Governorship Primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the following reasons:
1. The primaries was arranged, skewed and designed to favour Alhaji Isiaka Gboyega Otedola, the cousin of the National Leader of our party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
2. There is no credible register of members with which a free, fair and transparent Direct Primaries could be conducted;
3. A cooked up register comprising handpicked persons loyal to the emergence of Oyetola was computed, and printed in a firm owned by Oyetola in Lagos;
4. The security of lives of my teeming supporters cannot and would not be guaranteed;
5. The entire facilities of government in Osun State have been actively used in favour of Oyetola, the ‘anointed’ candidate with clear instructions from Governor Rauf Aregbesola to the exclusion of others;
While I am not withdrawing from the Governorship race, I have decided not to participate in the July 20, 2019 Direct Primaries of the APC in Osun State for the above stated and other reasons.
I must add and you will agree that it is inconceivable and unreasonable for me to make myself available to participate in a jaundiced process that was rigged from the onset and designed to make Alhaji Otedola the candidate of the Osun APC. Having stated the above, I, Alhaji Moshood Olalekan Adeoti, cannot and should not be seen or found as conferring legitimacy on a flawed process designed to produce a predetermined result.
Alhaji Moshood Olalekan Adeoti
www.sojworld.com Â© July 20, 2018