Another domestic violence: Banker allegedly kills wife in Lagos

Spread the love

Mr. OlaOluwa Adejo, a banker has added to the numbers of domestic violence in recent times. He was said to have killed his wife, Maureen at their home on Peluola Street, Oworonshoki in Lagos. He was subsequently arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for the crime committed.
The 32-year-old Lagos indigene was alleged to have tortured his wife of five years with a belt, as well as cutting her with a machete.

OlaOluwa Adejo and his wife, Maureen when the going was good.
OlaOluwa Adejo and his wife, Maureen when the going was good.

Their five-year-old son, Richard, in whose presence the incident reportedly happened, told the police that his father also forced a local insecticide, otapiapia, down the throat of his mother.
The victim’s mother, Mrs. Kate Jonathan, said that Richard had given more graphic details of the incident to family members, police authorities and officials of the Lagos State Ministry of Justice.
Due to the insistence of the mother-in-law, the police were said to have demanded the release of the couple’s first child, Richard, for interrogation.

READ ALSO: Mother of Killer of former PDP Chairman’s son, Bilaminu Bello is in trouble

In a meeting at the SCIID, Yaba, Richard was alleged to have given an account of how his mother was allegedly murdered by his father.
“I am Richard Adejo. I am five years old. My daddy beat my mummy with a belt; machete her here (shows arms), machete her here (shows legs). He used the belt on her here (points at face); forced my mummy to drink otapiapia (insecticide). My daddy took my mummy away.
“My daddy said my mummy should get out of the house. My mummy said no. In the night, my daddy woke my mummy up and said, ‘Mosquito is too much, let me go and buy otapiapia’. My daddy forced my mummy to drink it. She shook her head. She vomited.
“My daddy slapped my mummy. My mummy did not do anything to him. My daddy gave her one blow. My daddy kicked her. My daddy told her to get out of the house and carry her load. Small blood came out. My daddy slapped her, kicked her, machete her, blow her, and put otapiapia in her mouth and in the food,” Richard told our correspondent during an interview on Monday.
The mother of the deceased explained that her daughter had packed out of her matrimonial house five days to the incident and was living with her when she decided to return for a party at the children’s school. She said she never returned alive.

READ ALSO: Hon Rotimi Makinde greets ex-wife @ 50 in an emotion laden letter, (A MUST READ)

She said, “I was called on the telephone by an unknown number around 4pm on Sunday, November 12. The caller said, ‘Your daughter’s husband has killed her at Oworo’. He dropped the call.
She said she reported the case at the Oworonshoki Police Station, where she was told that the suspect had already reported that his wife committed suicide by taking local insecticide, Sniper.
OlaOluwa was asked to return to the police station for a certain document, which led to his arrest based on his mother-in-law’s complaint.
The suspect was said to have been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba.
However, the couple’s three children were said to have been taken to a family friend, a policeman, who lived in Agric, in the Ikorodu area.
The police reportedly ordered the removal of the corpse from the Gbagada General Hospital mortuary to the morgue of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.
The victim’s mother, who claimed to have visited the mortuary, said Maureen’s body had machete cuts and other torture marks.
She said, “My daughter, who worked as the manager of my chemical company had, about a week to the incident, complained that her husband said we would soon see her obituary.
“I sent my eldest daughter to accompany her to the house to know what happened. The man begged and said he was only joking. He said he really loved his wife. I insisted that she pack out of the house.

READ ALSO: Mission Statement – SOJ Worldwide

“She was in my house for three days before she said she wanted to return home because her children’s school would be having a cultural party. She left and went to the party with her husband on Saturday. It was that night that she was brutalised and killed by the husband. From what we saw in the mortuary, she had blood in her nostrils and deep cuts in her hands and legs.”
The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti, said investigations were ongoing into the incident.
He said, “The man came to report that his wife committed suicide. The DPO put some questions to him. We thought we should investigate further to know what really happened because there are some doubts we need to clear in the matter. The police are not accepting the claim of suicide hook, line, and sinker. The matter is at the SCIID and investigations are ongoing.” (c) November 28, 2017

www, © November 28, 2017

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.