Fear and anxiety has gripped the residents of Ungwan Bulus in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State over the killing of three out of the 26 people abducted on March 21, 2022 because they could not meet up with the amount of ransom demanded by the terrorists.
After abducting them, the bandits had demanded N20 million ransom for each of the captives.
The bandits executed three of the victims on Monday night, threatening to kill more by 12 noon on Tuesday if their demands are not met.
The Chief of Ungwan Bulus, Gideon Haruna Goni who confirmed the killing of the three victims said the bandits called the community to inform that they should pick the corpses around Dutse Community along the Kaduna-Abuja highway.
The Chief said the corpses had been retrieved, adding that the bandits said if the family failed to pay N20 million each for other captives before 12pm on Tuesday (April 19, 2022), the remaining victims would be killed.
“We came together as a community, raised some amount and they called us and told us to pick corpses of victims from Dutse. They threatened to kill more, especially women, if their demands are not met. 26 were abducted, one was released, three were killed,” he said.
He explained that the person, who was released was considered on health grounds.
The chief, who appealed to the abductors not to kill any of the victims, pleaded with the State and Federal Government to come to their aid.
State Police Command Public Relations Officer, ASP Jalige Mohammed, didn’t pick his calls as at the time of filing this report.