in , ,

FFK bows to pressure, tenders apology to Daily Trust Reporter, media

Femi Fani-Kayode
Femi Fani-Kayode

The embattled former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode has bowed to pressures from the human right organizations, media and general public to tender apologies to the Daily Trust reporter, Eyo Charles who was physically assaulted by the latter at a Press Briefing in Calabar.

READ ALSO:  “Sue me and see the lawyer in me take you to the cleaners” – FFK dares SERAP as NUJ, IPC, Daily Trust condemns verbal attack on Journalist

Fani-Kayode had earlier said he had no apology to offer after a video of him verbally attacking the journalist went viral.

SOJ WORLDWIDE ONLINE NEWS reported exclusively how FFK verbally molested the Daily Trust reporter because he was asked a simple question, “who bankrolled” him for the inspection tour he embarked upon.

READ ALSO:  BREAKING! Fani-Kayode blows hot cursing a journalist for asking a question, yet abuse Buhari daily – SEE A SHOW OF SHAME

In a statement shared via his Twitter handle on Wednesday, Fani-Kayode said:

“I met with my advisors & I wish to say the following. I hereby withdraw the word “stupid” which I used in my encounter with a journalist in Calabar”.

“I have many friends in the media who I offended by losing my cool & using such words. I hereby express my regrets for doing so.”

READ ALSO:  Fani-Kayode’s Attack on Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand – READ FULL STATEMENT

He also denied claims of threatening the journalist and challenged anyone making such claims to bring proof.

“I would never seek to physically harm a journalist. For the last 30 years, I have defended & worked with journalists & fought for the right of freedom of expression,” the former minister said.

READ ALSO:  I beat my husband because he always make senseless demands – WIFE TELLS COURT

“I would be the last to seek to disparage those that are honourable and noble within its ranks. I hope that this will assuage the pain and anger of anyone that was hurt or offended by this ugly episode. I have now put this matter behind me and moved on.”

The video has elicited various reactions from social media and organisations alike.

READ ALSO:  Fani-Kayode gets ‘Yabis’ of a lifetime for attacking youths over Mali, BBNaija – COUNTER ‘YABIS’ FROM ‘WARRI GUY’

Editor’s Note:  Advertise your products and services on our page to get maximum patronage.
Contact us on 08023851511, 09053330641 or waju73@yahoo.com for your advert placement, Press Release, Conference, Interview, Media and Publicity.

Nigerian army is our army, support them to win the war on terror.

SOJ WORLDWIDE…an ONLINE NEWS with a difference

www.sojworldnews.com (c) August 26, 2020

Written by Adesoji OMOSEBI

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

COVID-19: Plateau, Enugu, Rivers ahead of Lagos in 252 confirmed cases

WWE: Sonya Deville has received threatening messages from additional anonymous individuals