Men love to claim ownership of a woman’s vagina, yet there are so many things that many don’t know about this honey pot.
A lot of the information out there are myths and many more are misconceptions.
Below are some of the shocking facts I bet you didn’t know about the vagina.
1) Not all people who have vaginas are women. This may sound shocking, but it is true. Genitalia is not an indication of gender and it may be dangerous to assume so. These people may identify as non-binary or even men.
Some people have two vaginas. Weird, but true. It us caused by a rare abnormality called uterus didelphys. People with two vaginas can still get pregnant and have children.
2) The vagina is self-cleaning. The discharge in your panties at the end of each day is as a result of the vagina’s cleaning efforts. There is a group of bacteria that exist for the sole purpose of keeping your vaginal PH level at an optimal level. That is why practices like douching are not a good idea because they can throw off this natural balance, which can lead to infections.
3) The vagina changes colour. The vagina gets darker when you are turned on and in the mood for sex. This is because of the rush of blood to the vulva and vagina. It is quite normal. It goes back to its normal colour after intercourse.
4) That you are wet does not mean you are aroused. Cervical mucus are excreted daily because of hormones. This has nothing to do with being turned on. Vaginas generally get lubricated by touch without being aroused.
5) Vaginas are supposed to have a smell. The vagina contains a highly specialised group of bacteria that work to always keep your vaginal OH healthy and balanced. And like other bacteria, they do have a smell. So there’s no need to cover up that smell with scented soaps or perfumes. As long as you keep to a healthy cleaning regime, you are healthy.
6) Childbirth does not permanently stretch out the vagina. It is normal for your vagina to feel wide on account of childbirth, but it goes back to its normal size within a few days. That is not to say you won’t experience a few changes.
READ ALSO: I am not at war with Buhari, what I want govt to do in 2022 – Sunday Igboho in New Year message
7) The vagina gets deeper when you are turned on. The vagina opens up to its full capacity when you are aroused and ready for sex. No wonder it is said that the vagina can accommodate any size of penis.
8) Your vagina can help with cramps. The natural pain-relieving chemical like dopamine and serotonin are released when you orgasm. And this can help ease menstrual cramps.
9) What you eat affects the scent of the vagina. That’s why women are encouraged to eat pineapples often to make their cochie smell and taste nice.
READ ALSO: Osun 2022: No amount of propaganda, gang-up against Oyetola will thrive, re-election is God’s project – SEN AJIBOLA BASIRU
10) Your hymen is not an indication of virginity. According to the World Health Organisation, there is no test, including the presence of an intact hymen, that can indicate whether a woman has had sex. Also the hymen can break in a number of ways: Like playing sports or riding a bike. And it is completely normal.
I trust you have learned a few things.
You can thank me later.